Tuesday, November 8, 2011

On Trend for Fall

So one of my fav looks right now is tall boots & socks!!
I couldn't find just the right pair of socks to satisfy my fall wardrobe (well, without breaking the bank!! Knits are $$$!!!) And can you imagine how comfortable it would be to stuff you jeans into bulky socks and zip your boots up over that..
So thanks to Pinterest I found a tutorial to make a pair of leg warmers for next to nothing!!!

Completely, utterly, head-over-heels in love
with knee high socks & leather boots!!

I took a lil adventure to SAVERS and found 2 shapeless sweaters that were screaming to be repurposed!!!

$4.99
$5.99

I cut off the sleeves and used the sewing machine to hem the edges.



Tah Dah...


Boot socks!!! 

I also cut up the body of the sweaters into four parts...

From here just hem the sides and you have 2 extra pair!! I think it would be adorable to add some buttons to them and give just a lil extra charm!! 

Now if the weather would just cool off for good, I can't wait to rock my look with a big cozy sweater & skinny jeans!!! Maybe by then I'll have convinced TJ I need those new boots to continue living!!! 

Be fabulous-
Ging



1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love this.... Im looking for another pair of boots & a sweater so I can try this!!!!

    ReplyDelete