Monday, November 28, 2011

'Tis the season!!!

Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday!!! I did!! And a very, very productive long weekend, I might add!! Enjoyed spending time with the fam on Thanksgiving! Most definitely appreciate my cousin Molly taking time to give me some knitting tips!! Already putting the ribbing to good use & can't wait to try my hand at cable knitting!!! I'm very excited to move on from scarves, I love them but rectangles get a little old!!! Stay tuned, I have a headband in the works...cross your fingers it turns out good enough to gift!



My favorite thing about this past weekend (after shopping, of course) is decorating for CHRISTMAS!!! Glitter everywhere...even the kitties are covered!!! If I can just keep that crazy Cheezy out of the tree, we'll be doing good!!!
Yes he's in the tree...half way up...just chillin...


To round out my decorations I needed a wreath. I had one in mind from Pinterest, an ornament wreath made from a wire coat hanger & bulbs. Here's the link to Everything Fab, where I was inspired! So off to Michaels!! Here's what I found!!!
Shatterproof ornaments (on sale yay!) & Cute polka dot ribbon

Everyone has a wire hanger.

Bend into a circle and untwist the hook.
It doesn' t have to be perfect...
you won't be able to tell if its a bit rough!

Before you get started, hot glue all the tops onto the ornaments.
They might feel sturdy enough but trust me,
even a little pressure and they'll POP right off!!
You can also add a touch of glue were the top and the
metal loop meet...
Double Reinforcement!!
Start adding ornaments to the hanger!
Stagger your colors to make a pattern
or throw them on randomly.
You can also use all different sizes!

Twist the hanger back together and tie a bow to
cover your rough edges...
& TAH DAH!!!
Glittery eye candy for your front door!!!
The adorable snowflake hanger came from Michaels as well.

I'm proud of my last minute Sunday evening project!! Probably could have used a few more ornaments but still turned out pretty stinkin cute if you ask me!!! 


My tree!! Sparkly & bright!!!
Hope everyone has a great evening & an even better Tuesday!! 

Be fabulous-
Ging




No comments:

Post a Comment