Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What to buy?? What to buy??

Got all the Christmas shopping done yet?? Almost??!! Now it's down to just finding that perfect gift for those hard-to-buy for people on my list...Mom, Dad...yes you!!! Why I leave the tough one's for last, I just don't know...What do you buy for those people that:
A. Have most everything they want.
B. If they do want something they go buy it themselves!! 
And then when you ask them to give you some ideas, they give you the "I don't want anything but to just spend time with you" spill. LIE!! Everyone likes presents!! And they know you're gonna buy them something, so why can't they just be helpful!! Oh, if it was only a perfect world!!!

For us that do live in the real world and have come to a brick wall on what to buy, here are some ideas for those hard to shop for people...


1. Massage! Hello...who wouldn't be thrilled with an hour of relaxing during the stressful holiday season??!! Check out Inner Peace Body Studios Premiere Massage and Body Studios in Fort Smith. Plus as an added convenience to you, you can buy and customize the gift certificate right from their webpage.
Coming very soon, your recipient will also be able to schedule their appointment online as well!!
Heavenly peace without the hassle!!


2. The Gift Certificate. I understand some people consider it impersonal to give a gift certificate as a present but in my opinion they are FABULOUS!! Especially if it's to their fav store...that says to me, I know you love this store but there's too many great things for me to pick just one, so enjoy choosing what you like!! And honestly if someone just doesn't know what I would love (so crazy, I love everything!!), I'd much rather get a gift card than have to do the teeth-clinched grin while saying 'I love it'!!! And then take it back to the store and wait in line before I can go choose what I want and stand in line again before I get to have it!! Gift certificates are good will towards men!! And, have you seen the huge rack of gift cards at Walmart & Walgreens?? Talk about one stop shopping!! They have everything from restaurants, to department stores (don't worry if there isn't a store nearby...reason #48396591688 to online shop!!), iTunes, even for FarmVille, YoVille & any other Ville people play on Facebook!!

3. Homemade goodies!!! Who doesn't love Christmas candies & chocolate dipped anything??!! Check out Pinterest for some great ideas. Here are some of my favorites...
Christmas Sugar Cookies
Our Italian Kitchen

Peppermint Chocolate Cake Pops

Oreo Snowman Pops
The Idea Room
 
Snowman Cocoa Stirrers
Make 'n Mold
 
4. Gift baskets are always an easy option when you can't find that one perfect gift. Try to make one up based on their hobbies or favorite past times.
Movie Fanatic
Popcorn
Boxed Candy
DVD's (pick a theme)
Maybe even gift certificate for the theater (see #2 above)

Coffee Lover
Mugs
Coffee
Cocoa
Snowman Cocoa Stirrers
Biscotti


Or pick a hobby....I knit so a basket full of yarn, patterns, & needles would thrill me!!! The ideas are really limitless. Check out these cute ideas from (of course) Pinterest...
Bakers Christmas Gift
The Art & Soul of Baking
Who doesn't need a sewing kit??
Texas Cottage list 10 great ideas for
gifts in jars!! Everything from
cocoa's to cookies to
homemade vanilla.


Hope you have a few ideas brewing now! Santa will be here in 18 days!!!
Stay warm & be fabulous-
Ging


1 comment: